Miyerkules, Mayo 30, 2012

HIV Registry


Counting... one of the first basic trainings that we have since childhood. But this time, I am not happy with the kind of count that I learned. Another set, in hundreds, were found to be positive in April this year alone... this year also marked the biggest number of new HIV positive cases in the Philippines. Hold on to your seats, as I give you the latest count:

January 2012     212
February 2012   274
March 2012       313
APRIL 2012     233

I will emphasize, these are figures in the Philippines alone and in year 2012! We have a total of 1,032 for year 2012 and 9,396 from 1984-2012. Can you guys imagine how big this figuire is?
from 1984-2012, which is 28 years, 2012 alone takes the 11% of total HIV cases AND this is only for four months! Teka anu ba ibig sabihin nun? Ibig sabihin nun karamihan ng 9396 na yan ay nanggaling sa 2012, what more kung hanggang December.

Ok mas padaliin natin, gawin nating taon, simulan natin sa 2009... partida...

2009                                      835
2010                                   1,591
2011                                   2,349
2012 (as of April alone)    1,032

Let me interpret the data, sa apat na buwan ngaun 2012, nahigitan na natin ang isang buong taon ng 2009, halos maabutan na natin ang 2010, at halos kalahati na ng 2011. Another view is that in these data approximately 3 and 1/3 years from 2009 to April 2012, the total percentage is 62% of the total HIV cases from 1984. Anu ibig sabihin nun? Ang bulto ng HIV cases is from the recent years with a sharp growth. Yes, we should be alarmed...

Also, let me reiterate that these cases are voluntary tests (as I assume since it is prohibited to force someone to take the test). Ilan pa kaya ang HIV positive na hindi alam ang status nila? They should know their status for their health and to protect their partners as well.

I am not sure if I am happy with the increase of numbers that we have, not because I am happy that they are positive, but because I am happy that people starts to learn the importance of being tested and knowing their status. Dalawa lang naman ang dahilan kung bakit tumataas ang count di ba? Either dumadami talaga ang HIV positive.. or ngayon lang marami nagpapatest at natatagpuan na positive sila dahil sa umiigting na kampanya against the virus.

I hope the counting ends. I hope the HIV registry count declines and my CD4 increases! haha nasingit ko pa yun... haayyayayay! Nga pala magpapa count na uli ako for my annual test... ayun... KABADO... Ill try to make a post regarding CD4 count soon.

God bless us.

Yours,

Potchini2

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento