Huwebes, Hunyo 28, 2012

To the World's Greatest Mom


I wish to tell you how much I love you mom! Although I cant remember the last time I told you this, I know action speaks louder than words... And hopefully Ill have the courage to tell you how I feel. For now, I hope this works...

During my highschool days, I must admit, I envied my classmates' moms because they were all supportive to them. They are soft spoken, womanly and always gives us a sweet smile. At that moment, I always wanted my mom to be like them. Like a typical mom... But now that I have grown up I realized I do not want a typical mom... I love you the way you are, youre more than ordinary..

You washed jeepney when we were young, you do other's laundry, you sell fish, you owned sari-sari store, you fix the faucet when its broken, electric wires when not working... and you helped dad to raise us up. You struggled to have all of us finish our college. I thought that would be the end of my list of how wonderful you are.. but not...

I broke the biggest news last year... I called you up when I learned that I was HIV Positive... I heard you broke into tears... but I was steadfast. I dont want you to hear the sound of my shattering soul. Not because I was HIV positive but because.... I heard you cry... and this time because of me. You didnt blamed me. Instead, you welcome me with youre loving arm...

That is the day when I died because of the news, and you made me live again through your love.

Now, you wake me up to take my medicines. You cook healthy foods for me... even at times you do not feel well. You made me feel your love more than ever. Overwhelming.

Now it is payback time. We are all successful professionals and we, will ensure that you will have a better life than what we used to have. I will try to give you everything that you want. I will dress you up with fine clothes, with perfumes and jewels. All because you deserve that. I OWE EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE NOW BECAUSE OF YOU. I owe you more than my life's worth. I love you right after GOD.

The word LOVE will not be enough to define how I am thankful to GOD because I have you. You are especially crafted for us. You are not the typical mom... you are unique. YOU ARE YOU.
You are the BEST.

2 komento:

  1. ika nga nila, "there is no greater love than a mother's love for her child."
    ---so happy for you potch! :-)

    TumugonBurahin